Senior Health Center - St. Petersburg, FL
- WebMD Physician Directory of St. Petersburg Geriatrician Doctors
- The City of St. Petersburg
- Related Senior Health Articles
- St. Petersburg Emergency Contacts
- Nearby St. Petersburg Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg Geriatrician Doctors for Senior Health
Type of Physician: Geriatrician
What is a Geriatrician? A subspecialty certification by the Board of Internal Medicine or Family Practice; practitioners have special knowledge of the aging process and special skills in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of illness in the elderly. These specialists care for geriatric patients in the patient's home, the medical office, in nursing homes, and in the hospital. Geriatricians are trained to recognize the unusual presentations of illness and drug interactions, to utilize resources such as community social services, and to assist with special ethical issues in the care of the elderly.
Specialty: Geriatric Medicine
WebMD Physician Directory
To search by name or specialty, visit the WebMD Physician Directory WebMD Physician Directory.
St. Petersburg, Florida
St. Petersburg (often shortened to St. Pete) is a city in Pinellas County, Florida, United States. The city is known as a vacation destination for North American and European vacationers.
With a purported average of some 360 days of sunshine each year, it is nicknamed "The Sunshine City." For that reason, the city is a popular tourist and retirement destination, especially for those in the United States from colder Northern climates ? particularly New York City, Detroit, and Chicago. However, in recent years the population has shifted in a more youthful direction.
Senior Health (Successful Aging)
What are some common facts about health in seniors?
- As people get older, physiological changes occur in their body as a natural part of aging.
- Physical changes due to aging can occur in almost every organ and can affect...
Emergency Contact for St. Petersburg
- In case of Emergency, call 911
Nearby St. Petersburg Hospitals results
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.