Senior Health Index
Featured: Senior Health (Successful Aging) Main Article
Senior health is important for healthy and successful aging. Eating healthy and regular exercise may lower a person's risk for obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and other chronic diseases. Meal planning, creating an exercise program that fits your needs and lifestyle also is important to leading a healthy and fulfilling life as you age.
In This Article
Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis, Diverticular Disease) Article
- Diverticulosis and diverticulitis facts
- What is diverticulosis?
- What is diverticulitis?
- What causes diverticula and how do diverticula form?
- What are diverticulitis symptoms?
- Is there a special diet or digestive supplement that can treat or prevent diverticulitis symptoms?
- What are the more serious complications of diverticulitis?
- How are the diagnosis of diverticulitis and diverticulosis made?
- What is the treatment for diverticulitis and diverticulosis?
- Medical treatment of diverticulitis and diverticulosis
- Surgical treatment for diverticulitis
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
In This Article
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Article
- Congestive heart failure facts
- What is congestive heart failure (CHF)?
- What causes congestive heart failure?
- What are the signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure?
- What are the risk factors for congestive heart failure?
- How is congestive heart failure diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for congestive heart failure?
- What lifestyle changes can help treat congestive heart failure?
- Fluid regulation
- Maintaining weight
- What is the long term prognosis for patients with congestive heart failure?
- Can congestive heart failure be prevented?
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...learn more »