Senior Exercise Index
Featured: Senior Exercise Main Article
Since muscle mass decreases as people age, it's important for older adults to exercise, as it keeps seniors strong, helps to burn calories and maintain weight, improves flexibility, and it contributes to balance and bone strength. Exercise has even been proven to
help cognitive function and improve mood in adults over 55 years of age.
Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating. It can occur at any age and it appears as a rash that itches or...learn more »
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver most...learn more »
In This Article
Fatty Liver Article
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver facts
- What is fatty liver disease?
- What causes nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- What are the signs and symptoms of fatty liver?
- How is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- Fatty liver and diet
- Fatty liver, weight loss, and exercise
- Medications and other treatment options
- Bariatric surgery
- Liver transplantation
- What is the relationship between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and cardiovascular disease?
- What diseases are associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- What are the complications of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- Does nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occur in children?
Heat exhaustion is a milder form of heat-related illness that can develop after several days of exposure to high temperatures and...learn more »
In This Article
Heat Exhaustion Article
- Heat exhaustion definition and facts
- What is heat exhaustion?
- What is the difference between heat exhaustion and heat stroke?
- What are the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion?
- What causes heat exhaustion?
- Who is at risk for heat exhaustion?
- When should an individual seek medical care for heat exhaustion?
- Which type of doctors treat heat exhaustion?
- How is heat exhaustion diagnosed?
- What is the first aid treatment for heat exhaustion?
- What are the complications of heat exhaustion?
- How can heat exhaustion be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for heat exhaustion?