- What is selenium sulfide-topical, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for selenium sulfide-topical?
- Is selenium sulfide-topical available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for selenium sulfide-topical?
- What are the uses for selenium sulfide-topical?
- What are the side effects of selenium sulfide-topical?
- What is the dosage for selenium sulfide-topical?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with selenium sulfide-topical?
- Is selenium sulfide-topical safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about selenium sulfide-topical?
What is the dosage for selenium sulfide-topical?
For treating dandruff, 5-10 mL of shampoo or lotion should be massaged into wet scalp 2 times per week for 2 weeks then once every 1-2 weeks to control dandruff. The shampoo or lotion should be left on the scalp for 2 to 3 minutes, then rinsed off3 or 4 times with water. The application should be repeated.
Tinea versicolor should be treated by applying lotion or shampoo to the affected area, leaving it on the skin for 10 minutes and then washing it off with water. It should be applied every day for 7 days. The foam should be rubbed into the affected skin every 12 hours.
Which drugs or supplements interact with selenium sulfide-topical?
There are no drug interactions listed for selenium sulfide.
Quick GuideRingworm: Treatment, Pictures, Causes, and Symptoms
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.