Patient Comments: Seizures - Type of Partial Seizure

What type of partial seizure did you have?

Comment from: Julie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I was diagnosed with left lobe temporal seizures in 1988 after taking some under the counter herbs at a health food store and after some female surgery that threw my system out of balance. My main problem is that when I get too stressed, don"t eat or sleep well, I have fallen asleep while driving and been in a couple of accidents but never injured due to the fact that I am so relaxed and asleep but wake up to a wrecked car. I"ve been taking Keppra for about 10 years, also a small amount of clonazepam for the anxiety that the Keppra causes, as needed. I am in the process of more testing to see if there is any way of better controlling breakthrough seizures so I am not afraid to drive and be dependent on my family and friends for the rest of my life.

Comment from: Inessa, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 20

My daughter has had seizures since 2008, she has had so many I cannot count. She has so many injuries because of it. I have seen many and every one of them is grand mal, but lately she had one and hit her head hard which made a hematoma and hurt her ribs. Then while still have awake she scratches herself so hard she bleeds. I have never seen this before, I thought she had cut herself. Also she just goes into a stare, and stiff like she is dead.

Comment from: hecky, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 05

I'm a parent of a 14-year-old boy. My son started having seizures at age 6. Currently, he takes Tegretol, Lamictal, Depakote, Rivotril, and Zonegran. I'm confused and tired – I'm not sure how to get my son's seizures under control or minimize the number of his attacks per month. He has about 15 seizures per month. I'd like advice on therapy and medications, along with some useful ideas. Of course, I know I need to check with is doctor.

Seizures - Experience With Absence Seizures Question: Please describe your experience with absence seizures.