Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: Dip, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 31

My sedimentation rate was 90. I have temporal arteritis which has flared up.

Comment from: Susan, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I was diagnosed with costochondritis about 3 years ago. The pain was centered on both sides of my rib cage and across my abdomen. It was severe at first; took a lot of ibuprofen and used a heating pad. I had injections which did not help, and physical therapy which did not help. A lot of my pain, I think, was caused from stress and my doctor put me on clonazepam (anti-anxiety medication) and I continued to take ibuprofen. It reduced my pain by about 50 percent. It eventually went away, but I still get it back. It is really bad right now. I also have chronic constipation and find that when I do finally have a bowel movement, it reduces the pain. I sure wish there was some solution to this problem. It's not fun and really curtails your activities.

Comment from: pat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was very scared of my endoscopy. I had it done today and was nowhere as bad as I thought and over very quickly. They sprayed my throat and I had a mild sedative but was aware of what was going on. No pain except for wind in my throat and the need to burp. They found nothing wrong and after an hour's rest I was allowed home. I would say to anyone not to be afraid of this procedure, in my experience. Doctors and nurses were all very sympathetic and treated me with great care.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I had the flu for 2 weeks and I was not feeling better. I got chills, fever and aches, I went back to the doctor and he sent a blood test. He called me the next day that my CRP was 127 and sedimentation rate was 89. I was in antibiotics 2 (2 kinds that almost killed me, Cipro and metronidazole). I went the week after for another blood test and CRP was 22 and ESR 77. This week I went for another test and CRP was 1 which is normal but sedimentation rate is 66. It is going down but still high. I have a lot of pain on my pelvic area and lower back.

Comment from: track, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 12

The result of my sedimentation rate is 16. I have temporal arteritis since three years and now am taking 12 mg prednisone after a flare up, it happens every time the tapering is done too fast. A strict diet is followed regularly.

Comment from: bby, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 03

Chickenpox is so annoying. It itches like crazy especially in public, it stings and I can't scratch it but gently tap it and the rash. It is just not a good sight, but anyway I'm taking 7 Keys herbal mixture. I hope to see improvement, I'm so tired.

Comment from: thereishope, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

My sedimentation rate was 54. Vitamin D was 23. Very low. My doctor never told me anything about vitamin D. Only ask me to take Plaquenil. I made my research. I went gluten free and searched for another doctor who gave me gluten free, dairy free diet and vitamin D. My sedimentation rate after 3 week in a diet is 16. My joint pain disappeared after 5 weeks of diet and vitamin D. Please! Watch what you eat and you can get better.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?