Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: SPICOLI, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

My feet got swollen about 2 weeks ago and my doctor changed my insulin. Now I need to find a treatment to get the swelling down to normal so I can work. It's been a week now with new insulin and not much swelling has gone down.

Comment from: Sexy senior, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I recently had gastrectomy surgery back in August of 2015. I now have multiple problems, I think because of adhesions, with no appetite, getting nausea after eating, and I lost major weight at 40 pounds since July. I have no desire to eat because it is going to make me sick no matter the food that I eat.

Comment from: Chapis, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 22

My sedimentation rate by modified Westergren results is 63H, ANA Screen, IFA results positive, ANA pattern results speckled, ANA Titer results 1:40 H.

Comment from: ldelia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

The result of my sedimentation rate test was 42. I am 38 year old female that has been experiencing extreme levels of head pain, not headaches, but feeling of swelling in brain.

Comment from: PBR, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I received my sedimentation rate result and it shows 18/37. I am a female and I am 37 years old. My knee and my heels have pain.

Comment from: mh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

My sedimentation rate was 15 mm/hour, reactive protein 0.648 mg/dl, mcv 78.8, WBC 10.8 and RBC 5.08. I am on cancer treatment for breast cancer, only 4 months of Arimidex.

Comment from: itsahemi72, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

My Westergren sedimentation rate is 77, their standard range from testing place is 0-15mm. C- reactive protein level is 7.8, again their standard is 0.0-0.6 mg/dl.

Comment from: Christina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My sedimentation rate was 28 and I am told the values fluctuate depending on your age. I am 52 and am having terrible joint pain.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

My ESR results came back 60. I have been having diarrhea severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, plus lack of appetite.C

Comment from: Irmapaz, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

My blood work result came back with a sed rate of 120 which explains the painfullower leg nodules and bruising. I got my first cortisone shot and WOW! What a miracle relief that gave me. 2 weeks after the shot I had another blood test and this time the result came back with a sed rate of 44 which is a big improvement.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?