Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: thereishope, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

My sedimentation rate was 54. Vitamin D was 23. Very low. My doctor never told me anything about vitamin D. Only ask me to take Plaquenil. I made my research. I went gluten free and searched for another doctor who gave me gluten free, dairy free diet and vitamin D. My sedimentation rate after 3 week in a diet is 16. My joint pain disappeared after 5 weeks of diet and vitamin D. Please! Watch what you eat and you can get better.

Comment from: Maria, Female (Patient) Published: May 21

My sedimentation rate is 27, and I have sore throat and pains.

Comment from: JS123, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I'm waiting on a referral to a new rheumatologist. My sedimentation rate has gone from 30 up to 65. My last test showed 1600. I asked a couple times if it was right and they said yes. I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis), OA (osteoarthritis), DDD (degenerative disc disease) and fibromyalgia. I work in a medical office. Luckily I have a good primary care!

Comment from: kibria, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

My ESR value is as high as 42, 8 months back it was 32. All other CBC results are within the normal values. Sometimes I experience itching and inflammation in feet. I have no diabetes and kidney problem according to recent blood test. So I want to know the cause of the high ESR.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

My ESR was 6mm/hour, C-reactive protein 0.1, ANA cascade 0.61, RA quantitative 15. I have chronic joint and lower back pain.

Comment from: Mrs.DAvies, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I am 42 years old. My sedimentation rate result is 34.

Comment from: sexycougar40ish, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

My sedimentation rate result was a 41.

Comment from: Chapis, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 22

My sedimentation rate by modified Westergren results is 63H, ANA Screen, IFA results positive, ANA pattern results speckled, ANA Titer results 1:40 H.

Comment from: Worried Mum, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 06

My 17 year old has been in pain now for three months. Each time she is tested her ESR is rising, first result was 60 then 85 and now 97. She can barely walk, just getting up from a chair is difficult for her. I look at her walking and she looks like an 80 year old woman not the 17 year old she should be! I wonder if it is possible her body is fighting a tumor or something as sinister.

Comment from: Larry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 27

My sedimentation rate was 47 and my primary care physician told me to take ibuprofen each day for the pain in my joints. He was very negligent as I got directed by my orthopedic surgeon to a psoriatic arthritis specialist who put me on Enbrel. I have been on it for 6 months. My latest blood test showed a sedimentation rate of 7! My primary care physician should have known better.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?