Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: pat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was very scared of my endoscopy. I had it done today and was nowhere as bad as I thought and over very quickly. They sprayed my throat and I had a mild sedative but was aware of what was going on. No pain except for wind in my throat and the need to burp. They found nothing wrong and after an hour's rest I was allowed home. I would say to anyone not to be afraid of this procedure, in my experience. Doctors and nurses were all very sympathetic and treated me with great care.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I had the flu for 2 weeks and I was not feeling better. I got chills, fever and aches, I went back to the doctor and he sent a blood test. He called me the next day that my CRP was 127 and sedimentation rate was 89. I was in antibiotics 2 (2 kinds that almost killed me, Cipro and metronidazole). I went the week after for another blood test and CRP was 22 and ESR 77. This week I went for another test and CRP was 1 which is normal but sedimentation rate is 66. It is going down but still high. I have a lot of pain on my pelvic area and lower back.

Comment from: track, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 12

The result of my sedimentation rate is 16. I have temporal arteritis since three years and now am taking 12 mg prednisone after a flare up, it happens every time the tapering is done too fast. A strict diet is followed regularly.

Comment from: thereishope, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

My sedimentation rate was 54. Vitamin D was 23. Very low. My doctor never told me anything about vitamin D. Only ask me to take Plaquenil. I made my research. I went gluten free and searched for another doctor who gave me gluten free, dairy free diet and vitamin D. My sedimentation rate after 3 week in a diet is 16. My joint pain disappeared after 5 weeks of diet and vitamin D. Please! Watch what you eat and you can get better.

Comment from: Maria, Female (Patient) Published: May 21

My sedimentation rate is 27, and I have sore throat and pains.

Comment from: SPICOLI, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

My feet got swollen about 2 weeks ago and my doctor changed my insulin. Now I need to find a treatment to get the swelling down to normal so I can work. It's been a week now with new insulin and not much swelling has gone down.

Comment from: David, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I have had hepatitis C for about 20 years. I hadn't had liver level test for a while as I was all fine, but went to the doctor and had tests done. The doctor told me that normal liver levels should be 15 and that mine is over 2 million! I am going to have treatment for hepatitis C this year sometime. I wonder if I should stay close to medical assistance with liver level this high, as I live out in the bush.

Comment from: JS123, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I'm waiting on a referral to a new rheumatologist. My sedimentation rate has gone from 30 up to 65. My last test showed 1600. I asked a couple times if it was right and they said yes. I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis), OA (osteoarthritis), DDD (degenerative disc disease) and fibromyalgia. I work in a medical office. Luckily I have a good primary care!

Comment from: kibria, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

My ESR value is as high as 42, 8 months back it was 32. All other CBC results are within the normal values. Sometimes I experience itching and inflammation in feet. I have no diabetes and kidney problem according to recent blood test. So I want to know the cause of the high ESR.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?