Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: bert, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 24

91 is my sedimentation rate result.

Comment from: Janet, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 16

My son is a four years old and he has knee pain. His sedimentation rate is 64. He had a bone scan and came out with microtrabercular fracture in the right calcaneal bone.

Comment from: ericinaugusta, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 16

I had severe headaches and high fever for two weeks and was diagnosed with Temporal Arthritis, and put on 60 mg of Prednisone. My SED rate was 68 at onset and after two weeks of treatment it came down to 6. The symptoms stopped almost immediately after going on the Prednisone, and after a month I'm down to 40mg. I'm 53 and a bit out of the normal age range for TA, but happy to have a good diagnosis and a way to manage the symptoms. Prednisone makes me edgy but not too terrible.

Comment from: breknridge, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My ESR rate was 75. The pain was intense. After treatment with medium to high doses of prednisone the pain subsided. I am now on 10 mg of prednisone with pain I can tolerate but I am having eye problems. This has been going on for about 10 years. I am now 70. Without the prednisone, my life is so inactive and I am very depressed.

Comment from: Bueller, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I am on prednisone for polymyalgia rheumatica and it seems to affect my Eustachian tube. Feeling of blockage in the ears feels like I just stepped off an airplane. This has been going on for a period of four years. I tried wearing a bite splint to relieve the pressure (cost me 4 thousand dollars). There doesn't seem to be any medication that helps. Have gone to different ENTs. With all the specialized medicine these days you would imagine someone of them would have an answer. We are still just experiments.

Comment from: sally, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

My sedimentation rate is 73 and my CRP is 13. I have interstitial cystitis.

Comment from: Feb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

My sedimentation rate is 31 on 02/09/11 My rheumatoid factor was 1102 04/13/10, with elevated sedimentation rate, the number wasn't given.

Comment from: Addy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 27

My sedimentation rate was a 2. It seems kind of strange!

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?