Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: breknridge, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My ESR rate was 75. The pain was intense. After treatment with medium to high doses of prednisone the pain subsided. I am now on 10 mg of prednisone with pain I can tolerate but I am having eye problems. This has been going on for about 10 years. I am now 70. Without the prednisone, my life is so inactive and I am very depressed.

Comment from: Bueller, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I am on prednisone for polymyalgia rheumatica and it seems to affect my Eustachian tube. Feeling of blockage in the ears feels like I just stepped off an airplane. This has been going on for a period of four years. I tried wearing a bite splint to relieve the pressure (cost me 4 thousand dollars). There doesn't seem to be any medication that helps. Have gone to different ENTs. With all the specialized medicine these days you would imagine someone of them would have an answer. We are still just experiments.

Comment from: sally, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

My sedimentation rate is 73 and my CRP is 13. I have interstitial cystitis.

Comment from: Feb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

My sedimentation rate is 31 on 02/09/11 My rheumatoid factor was 1102 04/13/10, with elevated sedimentation rate, the number wasn't given.

Comment from: Addy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 27

My sedimentation rate was a 2. It seems kind of strange!

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?