Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: Lorrie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 03

My sed rate is 33, and I am 80 years old.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

My doctor ordered a sedimentation rate checking on Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Result was 51.

Comment from: Rosie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I had a sedimentation rate of 116. I was diagnosed with temporal arteritis.

Comment from: Ana, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

My sedimentation rate is 36.00 mm/h.

Comment from: Scarlet, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

My sedimentation rate is 38 and my CRP is 1.55. I have psoriatic arthritis and have been on Enbrel and Methotrexate for several years. I also take vitamin D.

Comment from: farmgirl24, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 16

My daughter's sedimentation rate was 100 with severe knee pain on 2/12/11 and was down to 53 on 3/8/11. We will be seeing a rheumatologist and an ophthalmologist soon to follow up.

Comment from: rockon 45, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 04

My sedimentation rate was 9 after 6 rounds of R-chop chemotheraphy for mantle cell lymphoma (male, age 65).

Comment from: luets03, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

My sed rate was at 120+ for over a year and I was 16. Now at 19 it has been at around 60 for the past few visits.

Comment from: doc, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 26

My sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein keeps going up and down. Sedimentation rate from 20 to 55, 47, 57. Same with my C-reactive protein starts 0.7,0.5,2.2,4.8,2.2,now 1.0. I've been in the hospital now on Cubicin, and cefepime for 90 days. It seems nobody knows what's up. This is just over a knee replacement.

Comment from: Annie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

My Sed rate is 63. I have RA and have been having pain and shivers-waiting for more blood test results.

Comment from: Debbie J., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

Hello. My sediment rate was 81. That is really high. What does this mean? I am 57 years old and believe that I have Fibromyalgia. My doctor has given me Cymbalta as I was on an antidepressant. A lot of my pain has lessened. However I get really dizzy at times when rising and bending over.

Comment from: sparky, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I was told my sed level was slightly elevated, but "nothing to be concerned about." The level is 24 and I am 68 years old.

Comment from: witneylass, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

My results were 89 and I have polymyalgia rhuematica. I have taken prednisone for 2 and a halfr years but got off it because of the side effects. Now my doctor is trying to treat it with something else (not a steriod) but I have serious muscle weakness in both my arms and legs and pain in my hands, wrists, feet and elbows.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?