Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: peacefuLaughter, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 03

I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at age 13. My sed rates were generally over 100 for many years. Now I am 47, and the disease has never been in remission. I am learning to persevere. Once when I was having frequent blood tests and also seeing a counselor, my sed rate dropped 40 points after talking and crying for a while. Getting emotions out may help. My sed rate is 3 today. I am eating well.

Comment from: sexycougar40ish, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

My sedimentation rate result was a 41.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 12

The results of my sedimentation rate test is 42.

Comment from: ShellsH, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I'm 28 years old and have had problems with ovarian cyst since I was 12. I had my first major surgery when I was 12 and had a softball size cyst on my right ovary. The right ovary and cyst had to be removed. When I was 20 I had a cyst removed from my left ovary. When I was 24 I had another cyst removed on my left ovary. With all my surgeries I had to be cut open. Just two weeks ago I had another cyst on my left ovary bad had it removed laparoscopically. They had to remove my ovary also. So now I am 28 with no ovaries and will be going through menopause.

Comment from: cynthia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 20

My sedimentation rate value was 9.

Comment from: marie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

My ESR Westergren rate is 22, if it means an infection I'm not sure what type it would be.

Comment from: Cindi, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 29

My sedimentation rate came back at 76. I don't know what that means.

Comment from: paddy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

The results were 30mm in the first hour and 64mm second hour.

Comment from: SissyD61, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

My sedimentation test rate was 65.

Comment from: shanaz, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

My ESR is 15mm.

Comment from: A. Basu, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

My 1st hour ESR is 15 and 2nd hour ESR is 28.

Comment from: Phyllis, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I am female. My test was 34 for my sedimentation rate.

Comment from: holjane, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My sedimentation rate is 24.

Comment from: RANJITHA, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) given in the lab test result is 45.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?