Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: Ana, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

My sedimentation rate is 36.00 mm/h.

Comment from: Scarlet, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

My sedimentation rate is 38 and my CRP is 1.55. I have psoriatic arthritis and have been on Enbrel and Methotrexate for several years. I also take vitamin D.

Comment from: farmgirl24, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 16

My daughter's sedimentation rate was 100 with severe knee pain on 2/12/11 and was down to 53 on 3/8/11. We will be seeing a rheumatologist and an ophthalmologist soon to follow up.

Comment from: rockon 45, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 04

My sedimentation rate was 9 after 6 rounds of R-chop chemotheraphy for mantle cell lymphoma (male, age 65).

Comment from: luets03, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

My sed rate was at 120+ for over a year and I was 16. Now at 19 it has been at around 60 for the past few visits.

Comment from: doc, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 26

My sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein keeps going up and down. Sedimentation rate from 20 to 55, 47, 57. Same with my C-reactive protein starts 0.7,0.5,2.2,4.8,2.2,now 1.0. I've been in the hospital now on Cubicin, and cefepime for 90 days. It seems nobody knows what's up. This is just over a knee replacement.

Comment from: Annie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

My Sed rate is 63. I have RA and have been having pain and shivers-waiting for more blood test results.

Comment from: Debbie J., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

Hello. My sediment rate was 81. That is really high. What does this mean? I am 57 years old and believe that I have Fibromyalgia. My doctor has given me Cymbalta as I was on an antidepressant. A lot of my pain has lessened. However I get really dizzy at times when rising and bending over.

Comment from: sparky, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I was told my sed level was slightly elevated, but "nothing to be concerned about." The level is 24 and I am 68 years old.

Comment from: witneylass, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

My results were 89 and I have polymyalgia rhuematica. I have taken prednisone for 2 and a halfr years but got off it because of the side effects. Now my doctor is trying to treat it with something else (not a steriod) but I have serious muscle weakness in both my arms and legs and pain in my hands, wrists, feet and elbows.

Comment from: bert, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 24

91 is my sedimentation rate result.

Comment from: Janet, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 16

My son is a four years old and he has knee pain. His sedimentation rate is 64. He had a bone scan and came out with microtrabercular fracture in the right calcaneal bone.

Comment from: ericinaugusta, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 16

I had severe headaches and high fever for two weeks and was diagnosed with Temporal Arthritis, and put on 60 mg of Prednisone. My SED rate was 68 at onset and after two weeks of treatment it came down to 6. The symptoms stopped almost immediately after going on the Prednisone, and after a month I'm down to 40mg. I'm 53 and a bit out of the normal age range for TA, but happy to have a good diagnosis and a way to manage the symptoms. Prednisone makes me edgy but not too terrible.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?