Patient Comments: Sedimentation Rate - Testing

Question:What were the results of your sedimentation rate test?

Comment from: MSBYOO, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: December 17

My husband (81) has had valley fever for 2 years. He was not getting any better so we sought out a 2nd opinion. The new doctor ordered a sedimentation rate on my husband. Results came back last week at sedimentation rate of 123. In April, 2012, it was a 2.

Comment from: horseman3, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

I was diagnosed with PMR (polymyalgia rheumatic) in 2010. My ESR was 77 at the time. That does not seem high but I had the test done in the afternoon when movement was more manageable. Initially I was prescribed 40 mg of prednisone. I am currently on 5mg of prednisone as maintenance and hovering at an ESR of 11-12 after three years. Movement is still a little difficult especially after manual labor or exercise. I would love to get off the prednisone but I don't think it is going to happen.

Comment from: ldelia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

The result of my sedimentation rate test was 42. I am 38 year old female that has been experiencing extreme levels of head pain, not headaches, but feeling of swelling in brain.

Comment from: PBR, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I received my sedimentation rate result and it shows 18/37. I am a female and I am 37 years old. My knee and my heels have pain.

Comment from: mh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

My sedimentation rate was 15 mm/hour, reactive protein 0.648 mg/dl, mcv 78.8, WBC 10.8 and RBC 5.08. I am on cancer treatment for breast cancer, only 4 months of Arimidex.

Comment from: itsahemi72, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

My Westergren sedimentation rate is 77, their standard range from testing place is 0-15mm. C- reactive protein level is 7.8, again their standard is 0.0-0.6 mg/dl.

Comment from: Christina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My sedimentation rate was 28 and I am told the values fluctuate depending on your age. I am 52 and am having terrible joint pain.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

My ESR results came back 60. I have been having diarrhea severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, plus lack of appetite.C

Comment from: Irmapaz, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

My blood work result came back with a sed rate of 120 which explains the painfullower leg nodules and bruising. I got my first cortisone shot and WOW! What a miracle relief that gave me. 2 weeks after the shot I had another blood test and this time the result came back with a sed rate of 44 which is a big improvement.

Comment from: peacefuLaughter, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 03

I was diagnosed with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis at age 13. My sed rates were generally over 100 for many years. Now I am 47, and the disease has never been in remission. I am learning to persevere. Once when I was having frequent blood tests and also seeing a counselor, my sed rate dropped 40 points after talking and crying for a while. Getting emotions out may help. My sed rate is 3 today. I am eating well.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 12

The results of my sedimentation rate test is 42.

Sedimentation Test - Indications Question: Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?