Patient Comments: Seborrheic Dermatitis - Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your seborrheic dermatitis?

Comment from: Amelia, 35-44 Female Published: April 04

I've had this since my early 20s. I keep it under control by washing down there with very little soap. If it does flare up, I use an anti-fungal cream and eat heaps of yogurt for about a week, and it clears up. I believe I got this problem from bathing with too much soap.

Comment from: Delilah, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I have had mine removed by laser by a cosmetic surgeon. They are gone permanently as far as I can see. Maybe more will appear in the future but can easily be zapped.

Comment from: Amy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis in the seventh grade. So far nothing has helped, I have tried every topical cleanser and antifungal. I've seen over 12 different dermatoligists. I am a 43 year old widow with little no hope surrounding my condition. Recently I have been trying a Retinol formula it has showed some positive results.

Seborrheic Dermatitis - Signs and Symptoms Question: Describe your seborrheic dermatitis signs and symptoms.
Seborrheic Dermatitis - Complications Question: If you have seborrheic dermatitis, have there been any complications? If so, please discuss.