Patient Comments: Seborrhea - Treatments

What treatments have you tried for your seborrhea (dandruff)? What works for you?

Comment from: 38sadness, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 15

I am a healthy 38 year old female. I was diagnosed with PVD (peripheral vascular disease) one year ago in November 2015. The only reason they could figure was from me smoking for over 20 years. In this last year I had 5 stents and an arterial bypass all to no avail. On October 26th 2015 I had to have my leg amputated below the knee. Now it is a struggle just to get up in the morning. However I keep moving.

Comment from: Jan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have had this dandruff most of the year and all the expensive shampoos for this condition haven't worked. I heard on a show to use apple cider vinegar and water, 1/4 cup each and spray on. I have just started using it. I also rinse with 1 tsp in the sink water.

Comment from: redog, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 02

I had been using coconut oil.

Comment from: NaturalMeds, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 18

Tea tree oil worked for me.

Seborrhea - Remedies Question: What home remedies have been effective for your seborrhea?
Dandruff - Treatments That Don't Work Question: Please discuss remedies or lifestyle changes you've tried for dandruff that don't work.
Dandruff - Prescriptions Question: Did you see a doctor for your dandruff? What was prescribed, and was it effective?