Dandruff (seborrhea) is a skin disorder that results from neither too much moisture nor too much oil. Dandruff can be treated with shampoos that contain tar, salicylic acid, zinc, selenium sulfide, or ketoconazole.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- ketoconazole shampoo - topical, Nizoral
- clotrimazole, Lotrimin AF, Gyne-Lotrimin, Alevazol, Desenex, Pro-Ex Antifungal
- ketoconazole, Nizoral, Extina, Xolegel, Kuric
- selenium sulfide, Dandrex, Selsun Blue
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...learn more »
In This Article
Atopic Dermatitis Article
- Atopic dermatitis facts
- What is atopic dermatitis?
- Atopic dermatitis vs. eczema
- How common is atopic dermatitis?
- What are the causes and risk factors of atopic dermatitis?
- Is atopic dermatitis contagious?
- What are atopic dermatitis symptoms and signs?
- Can atopic dermatitis affect the face?
- What are the stages of atopic dermatitis?
- What specialists treat atopic dermatitis?
- How do physicians diagnose atopic dermatitis?
- How can people prevent and avoid aggravating factors for atopic dermatitis?
- What are skin irritants in patients with atopic dermatitis?
- Are food allergies important in atopic dermatitis?
- What are aeroallergens?
- What are home remedies for atopic dermatitis?
- What is the treatment for atopic dermatitis?
- What is the prognosis of atopic dermatitis?
A sty is a bump that forms on the eyelid as a result of a blocked gland. Styes may be caused by infections, burns, or trauma to...learn more »
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...learn more »
In This Article
- Eczema facts
- What is eczema?
- Are there different types of eczema? What causes eczema?
- What are eczema symptoms and signs?
- What specialists treat eczema?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose eczema?
- What is the treatment for eczema?
- What are home remedies for eczema?
- Does diet affect eczema?
- Is there a cure for eczema?
- Is eczema contagious?
- What is the prognosis of eczema?
- Is it possible to prevent eczema?
Head lice infection is called pediculosis. Lice are parasites that feed on blood and can be found on the scalp and hair of...learn more »
There are many causes of scalp hair loss. This featured article covers the common ones such as patchy hair loss (alopecia areata,...learn more »
In This Article
Hair Loss Article
- Hair loss facts
- What are causes and risk factors for hair loss?
- What types of doctors treat hair loss?
- How do physicians classify hair loss?
- What is alopecia areata?
- What is traction alopecia?
- What is trichotillomania?
- What is tinea capitis?
- What is generalized (diffuse) hair loss?
- What is telogen effluvium?
- What is androgenetic or androgenic alopecia ("male-pattern baldness," "female-pattern baldness")?
- What treatment is there for hair loss in men?
- What other options do people have for hair loss?
- Is hair loss in women different than men?
- What about pregnancy hair loss?
- What specific treatments are there for hair loss in women?
- What vitamins are good for hair loss? Are there home remedies for hair loss?
- Can itchy scalp cause hair loss?
- What is the prognosis for hair loss?
- How do people prevent hair loss?