Patient Comments: Seborrhea - Remedies

Question:What home remedies have been effective for your seborrhea?

Comment from: tarmac, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I can also vouch for salt water having an effect. I noticed that when I went on beach vacations (swimming in salt water) the dandruff (seborrhea) would subside. Also cutting excess sugar from my diet seems to help.

Comment from: Angus, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I"ve tried loads of different shampoos for seborrhea till I found that L"Oreal El Vive with active selenium S shampoo does miracles for me. I have been using it for three years now.

Comment from: cynthia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

Whenever dandruff shows up, I rinse my hair in salt water. I mix ½ teaspoon of salt in a large glass of warm water as the final rinse after conditioning. Do this for about four hair-washings, and it will last for about a year. I lived on several islands and figured it out after evening swims. My sons do this every time they have a problem.

Seborrhea - Treatments Question: What treatments have you tried for your seborrhea (dandruff)? What works for you?
Dandruff - Treatments That Don't Work Question: Please discuss remedies or lifestyle changes you've tried for dandruff that don't work.
Dandruff - Prescriptions Question: Did you see a doctor for your dandruff? What was prescribed, and was it effective?