Coccydynia - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your coccydynia?

Please select the black triangle:

What are coccydynia symptoms and signs?

Pain and local tenderness at the tailbone are the major symptoms of coccydynia. This can lead to difficulty sitting or leaning against the buttocks. Along with the pain with sitting, there is typically exquisite tenderness at the tailbone area.

Return to Coccydynia (Tailbone Pain)

Comment from: Steve, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

I had one surgery for coccydynia that resulted in removing the tip of my tailbone after it was discovered during surgery to be fractured. It has been 5 months since surgery and later I had trigger point shots but pain in tailbone still exists. Surgeon discouraged and since tried everything else; trigger point shots, epidermal, physical therapy, etc. Now I am scheduled for another surgery to remove balance of tailbone.

Comment from: twig, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a fall in February 2012 and got coccydynia. The pain began within 2 days and has never gone away. I have had lumbar epidural, steroid injections, Norco, Celebrex and Flexeril; I have been to the chiropractor, tried acupuncture, I also had one emergency room visit. It feels as though if I poke a hole in my tailbone, the blood would fly like from a pressure cooker. I have lost my appetite and depression is creeping up on me.