Coccydynia - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your coccydynia?

Please select the black triangle:

What are coccydynia symptoms and signs?

Pain and local tenderness at the tailbone are the major symptoms of coccydynia. This can lead to difficulty sitting or leaning against the buttocks. Along with the pain with sitting, there is typically exquisite tenderness at the tailbone area.

Return to Coccydynia (Tailbone Pain)

Comment from: Wayne, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I've been on narcotics for 29 years now, 17 years of methadone and the rest morphine. I was cut off my methadone once because they thought I was faking my pain. After 6 1/2 months without sleep from drug withdrawal and a near death experience, I was then put on morphine. My coccydynia still prevents me from doing things I enjoy. I've had 9 epidural injections and unknown cortisone injections. This has started making everything hurt. It is hard to urinate, sex is painful, and constipation is a constant problem. I've had my prostate checked, MRIs, CTs and no finding the root of the problem. I'm past ready to give up.

Comment from: taylor, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

In March 2014 my breast became quite painful and very hot. The nipple was enlarged and my breast resembled an overripe tomato. A needle biopsy and a mammogram were done. I was then scheduled for outpatient surgery and the breast, containing a large amount of pus, was drained. The incision was left open to heal naturally. By September I had contracted pneumonia and the breast had filled again. After spending 2 weeks in hospital being treated for pneumonia, my breast was again drained and incision was stitched, leaving just a small inch tube near nipple. The day I left hospital the tube was removed and the area stitched. That incision has never healed and I often find my night clothes and sheets speckled with blood. I have also spent the past 12 months on oral antibiotics. I experience incredible pain that radiates from the breast, under my arm or down my arm and occasionally pain spreads to other breast. I had an ultrasound done last week and fortunately it did not show any masses. The doctor has offered me two choices; admit me to hospital for a series of intramuscular antibiotics or remove the breast. One side effect to all the antibiotics was the fact that numerous teeth crumbled and I was admitted to hospital, put under general anesthesia and 5 teeth removed. As I suffer from COPD general anesthesia is not the best option but we shall see what my doctor says next week.