Hyperhidrosis - Cause

What was the cause of your hyperhidrosis?

Please select the black square:

What is the cause of hyperhidrosis?

Although neurologic, metabolic, and other systemic diseases can sometimes cause excessive sweating, most cases occur in people who are otherwise healthy. Heat and emotions may trigger hyperhidrosis in some, but many who suffer from hyperhidrosis perspire nearly all the time, regardless of their mood or the weather.

Return to Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)

Comment from: Sara, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

Nothing on my body sweats except for my face. If someone that I don't really know looks at me, my face will start sweating and sweating as if I was sick with a disease. Hyperhidrosis is embarrassing. My sister and sons have this problem as well. I have tried putting regular anti perspirant on my face, because I read that models do that. It didn't work. I will try the facial ones and if I have money, the Botox.

Comment from: Precy, 45-54 Female Published: July 07

I felt dizzy, weak as if I didn't have enough strength, I didn't know what to do, my head and eyes were heavy, so I decided to go to my doctor, and he advised me to have my lab checkup. When I saw the results it was low potassium which is 3.46 and high uric acid 454.58 UMOL/L and my ALT (SGPT) U/L is 41.23, and all others are normal. I submitted the result next day, it happened every day especially in the morning after exercise.