Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome - Diagnosis

How was your Ehlers-Danlos syndrome diagnosed?

Please select the black triangle:

How are Ehlers-Danlos syndromes diagnosed?

The diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is based upon the clinical findings of the patient and the family history. For some types of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a skin biopsy to determine the chemical makeup of the connective tissue can help to suggest the diagnosis.

Return to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

Comment from: menollyvamp, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 18

Both my daughter and son have been diagnosed with EDS. We didn't even know there was anything wrong until my daughter was getting ready for surgery and the doctor wanted her to go to the Hematologist about her being anemic. They ran a lot of blood test but after talking to us the first time the doctor was sure she had EDS. the test confirmed it and then we tested my son and the test came back positive as well.

Comment from: (Patient) Published: November 01

I was having horrible pain and going to rheumatologist who was doing nothing but tests and giving me different drugs to try every two weeks. After going to the ER with severe pain and not being treated I decided to see a pain specialist. Once seeing him within 5 minutes he thought I had EDS and referred me to a specialist in the area. Within 15 minutes of meeting the specialist and talking with him I was diagnosed with EDS!