(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

What factors determine the severity of health effects from mercury exposure?

People in the U.S. are mainly exposed to methylmercury, an organic compound, when they eat fish and shellfish that contain methylmercury. Whether an exposure to the various forms of mercury will harm a person's health depends on a number of factors. Almost all people have at least trace amounts of methylmercury in their tissues, reflecting methylmercury's widespread presence in the environment and people's exposure through the consumption of fish and shellfish. People may be exposed to mercury in any of its forms under different circumstances. The factors that determine how severe the health effects are from mercury exposure include these

• the chemical form of mercury;
  • the dose;
  • the age of the person exposed (the fetus is the most susceptible);
  • the duration of exposure;
  • the route of exposure -- inhalation, ingestion, dermal contact, etc.; and
  • the health of the person exposed.
Return to Mercury Poisoning

Comment from: appalled nurse, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 06

Liquid clinoptilolite. Safe easy detox with no side effects! All my horrible and life-threatening symptoms reversed themselves once the mercury and other metals were removed from my nervous system and brain and other places my body had stored them to protect itself. My Dad died of heavy metal poisoning of a massive sudden heart attack, he also had all the same neurological symptoms that I did. I wish I had found this product in time to save my Dad. It is criminal that our government agencies and the ADA and AMA allow mercury dental fillings and metal-laden vaccines to be put into our bodies. They are insane. Criminally insane and callously greedy traitors of the American people!