Anal Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with anal cancer?

Please select the black square:

Possible signs of anal cancer include bleeding from the anus or rectum or a lump near the anus.

These and other symptoms may be caused by anal cancer. Other conditions may cause the same symptoms. A doctor should be consulted if any of the following problems occur:

• Bleeding from the anus or rectum.

• Pain or pressure in the area around the anus.

• Itching or discharge from the anus.

• A lump near the anus.

• A change in bowel habits.
Return to Anal Cancer

Comment from: Afamilyaffair, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I had bleeding from the rectum area as a sign of my anal cancer. I was at Stage 3 when I was diagnosed. It was a hard treatment but I made it through. I am having symtoms again so I will be going back to the doctor. I lost my insurance so I was unable to continue my care. I will now be going to a county hospital for care.

Comment from: byrdgurlfun, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have stage 4 anal cancer that has spread to the liver. I have been doing chemotherapy since October 2013, and did radiation. I have been given 6 months to maybe 1 year.