Genital Warts - Symptoms

Some people have itching or burning. Please describe the symptoms associated with your genital warts.

Please select the black square:

What are the symptoms of genital warts?

In many cases genital warts do not cause any symptoms, but they are sometimes associated with itching, burning, or tenderness. They may result in localized irritation, depending upon their anatomic location. Women who have genital warts inside the vagina may experience bleeding following sexual intercourse or an abnormal vaginal discharge. Rarely, bleeding or urinary obstruction may occur if the wart involves the urethral opening.

Return to Genital Warts (HPV)

Comment from: curious, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been single for 12 years, no sex partner all this time. I started having lots of bladder infections. Finally I saw a doctor, who did pap smear test. I then went back to him because of itching, everything protruding and the bladder burning so he gave me another test on vulva. He said I have venereal warts and now I will be having surgery.