Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) - Results

What were the results of your ECG or EKG?

Please select the black square:

What is measured or can be detected on the ECG (EKG)?

1. The underlying rate and rhythm mechanism of the heart.
  2. The orientation of the heart (how it is placed) in the chest cavity.
  3. Evidence of increased thickness (hypertrophy) of the heart muscle.
  4. Evidence of damage to the various parts of the heart muscle.
  5. Evidence of acutely impaired blood flow to the heart muscle.
  6. Patterns of abnormal electric activity that may predispose the patient to abnormal cardiac rhythm disturbances.
Return to Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)

Comment from: mackymaci, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I had an EKG and it was abnormal with a right atrial enlargement and a left atrial enlargement and aright ventricular conduct on delay.

Comment from: MQL, 7-12 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

As required by my 7 year old son's school, he had an ECG test and a medical clearance from his pediatrician to participate during physical education class. My son is a very active child, plays soccer, runs around like a normal kid would. When the test result was interpreted by his pediatrician he said there was something in the report that my son have to see a pediatric cardiologist for further interpretation or tests. His results were: Rhythm: SINUS QRS Axis: NORMAL PR Interval: 0.12 QRS: 0.08 QT: 0.37 Rate Atrial: 87 Ventriculars: 87 Interpretation: SINUS RHYTHM NON SPECIFIC ST T WAVE CHANGES *I dont understand this result but am worried because my son was referred to a specialist