Rotator Cuff - Injury

How did you injure your rotator cuff?

Please select the white circle:

How is the rotator cuff injured?

The rotator cuff can be injured because of degeneration with aging or inflammation due to tendinitis, bursitis, or arthritis of the shoulder. The rotator cuff is commonly injured by trauma (such as from falling and injuring the shoulder or overuse in sports). Rotator cuff injury is particularly common in people who perform repetitive overhead motions that can stress the rotator cuff. These motions are frequently associated with muscle fatigue.

Return to Rotator Cuff Disease

Comment from: Fibi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

I went to a chiropractor for my back and he tried to sell me 10 sessions of treatments which I said no to. I also insisted I didn't want any manipulation. After 2 sessions I mentioned I had a bit of a tendonitis and he did manipulation on my shoulder. The next day I was paralyzed from neck down to my shoulder and fingers. Three months later I am still in pain and cannot use my left arm. I have had MRI scan and I have been told I have a rotator cuff injury and bursitis. I am suffering every day and my life has changed because of my injury.

Comment from: kim, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I woke up (morning before 51th birthday) with sharp searing pain down left arm. I was first checked for heart attack, then follow-up with doctor, and MRI which showed partial tear and possible bicep tear. I was involved in exercise class 3 times per week, interval training with cardio and weights. I may have aggravated the rotator cuff area to the point of now having surgery.

Stay Informed!