Psychotic Disorders - Experience

What type of psychotic disorder do you have? Describe your experience.

Please select the black triangle:

What are the different types of psychotic disorders?

In addition to the more commonly known mental disorders like schizophrenia, other psychotic disorders include brief psychotic disorder, delusional disorder, schizoaffective disorder, substance-induced psychotic disorder, psychosis due to a medical condition, and psychotic disorder, not otherwise specified (NOS). Women who recently had a baby (are in the postpartum state) may uncommonly develop postpartum psychosis. Also, mood disorders like major depressive disorder and bipolar disorder can become severe enough to result in psychotic symptoms like hallucinating or having delusions, also called psychotic features.

Return to Psychotic Disorders

Comment from: Rex, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I have bipolar disorder with psychosis. I have severe depression and anxiety (PTSD) from traumatic brain injuries and Insomnia. I heard voices and felt deterioration of brain in a certain spot during sleep. Possible schizophrenia was diagnosed well before this experience, years beforehand. I have panic attacks every once in a while.

Comment from: LoveYouStill, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 25

My 15 year old foster child has been having extreme split personality episodes. For example, she is a happy and kind girl one minute then the next she"s an extremely violent person that will harm anyone in her way, she even killed our pet dog Fido in a fit of extreme rage. Then she snaps back to sweetness after a while. I don"t know what to do anymore and I"m out of options for helping her.