Paget's Disease of The Nipple - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of Paget's disease of the nipple?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of Paget disease of the breast?

The symptoms of Paget disease of the breast are often mistaken for those of some benign skin conditions, such as dermatitis or eczema. These symptoms may include the following:

• Itching, tingling, or redness in the nipple and/or areola
  • Flaking, crusty, or thickened skin on or around the nipple
  • A flattened nipple
  • Discharge from the nipple that may be yellowish or bloody

Because the early symptoms of Paget disease of the breast may suggest a benign skin condition, and because the disease is rare, it may be misdiagnosed at first. People with Paget disease of the breast have often had symptoms for several months before being correctly diagnosed.

Return to Paget Disease of the Breast

Comment from: Sal, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I noticed that right nipple was turned down and had swollen discolored area on areola. Immediately I saw my female dermatologist. She said she thought eczema but took a biopsy. After that the doctor ordered diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. Biopsy had Paget's disease cells so now I'm waiting for MRI. Dermatologist said I'll need surgery. So, that's where I am. Hope this helps someone!

Comment from: Snoopy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I've had skin tags on occasion my whole life. I noticed one on my pubic mound area that grew extremely fast. That was the only one I had and it erupted like a pimple after about two weeks. Then I started getting five or six more in my genital area and went to my doctor. He immediately said they were genital warts. He froze them and wanted me back in two weeks. My girlfriend worked in a doctor's office and got the liquid nitrogen from her office and froze them one more time about two weeks later. I've been wart free for the last two years. After my outbreak and prior to visiting the doctor I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, and she eventually got them also. We treated her at home the same way and after two treatments they were gone. It takes about a month for all signs of the warts to go disappear. I contracted them at the age of 64.