Heat Exhaustion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your heat exhaustion?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of heat exhaustion?

Individuals with heat exhaustion tend to have symptoms such as

• profuse sweating,
  • weakness,
  • muscle cramps,
  • headache, and
  • nausea and vomiting.

As dehydration increases from the loss of body water, lightheadedness may occur and fainting (syncope) may occur especially, if the affected individual stands up quickly (due to orthostatic hypotension).). The person also may have a low grade fever.

Return to Heat Exhaustion

Comment from: Amanda, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

Two years ago I was at an air show. It was a hot day in August and both the main attraction and the sun were out in full force. I was standing looking through my camera with it focused toward the sky. I realized that I was starting to feel dizzy and had to take a seat. My fianc asked me if I was sweating, and I realized for the first time that I wasn't - even though it was hot and humid out, with the sun beating down on us. I was also trying to avoid drinking water so that I wouldn't have to use the bathroom on the ride home; turns out that was a bad idea! I'd rather stop at a bathroom at the way home than risk making myself sick from not enough water on a hot day.

Comment from: Ans, 55-64 Male Published: July 21

I am 18 years old. A month and a half before I was getting ready to graduate my mama was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She's an alcoholic and her daily drinking was the cause of it. Her skin was yellow, the whites of her eyes were olive green, and she looked 9 months pregnant. She was given the expectation to live a month. She has 3 kids, me, a 12 year old, and a 6 year old. In a fight to live she stayed 5 days in the hospital in detox. She then went to rehabilitation for a month and a half. She got out 3 days before me graduation. She's now out and has been sober for a little over 3 months. When she reaches 6 months of sobriety she'll then be on a liver transplant list. Her skin, eye color, and belly has returned to normal. I'm lucky to have her. She's a living miracle at this point. The doctors are amazed at her health. We continue to hope for not only her health but her strength and sobriety because one more sip will kill her. This disease is curable. The patient must be willing to fight for their life!