Heat Exhaustion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your heat exhaustion?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of heat exhaustion?

Individuals with heat exhaustion tend to have symptoms such as

• profuse sweating,
  • weakness,
  • muscle cramps,
  • headache, and
  • nausea and vomiting.

As dehydration increases from the loss of body water, lightheadedness may occur and fainting (syncope) may occur especially, if the affected individual stands up quickly (due to orthostatic hypotension).). The person also may have a low grade fever.

Return to Heat Exhaustion

Comment from: Courtney, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

With infectious mononucleosis I had swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils, a swollen liver, muscle aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, joint pain, a fever, and headaches. Lots of fun.

Comment from: Patti, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I was diagnosed with stage 1 emphysema in 2010. Not sure how long I had it before being diagnosed. I am now in stage 2, and losing my breath quite easily even when doing housework, and I have to walk my dogs slowly. I sometimes have chest pains and tightening like I'm wearing my bra too tight, when I don't even have one on. I was doing fine while exercising and riding my bike, but have stopped doing both. I keep saying I'm going to start again, but sometimes wonder what the use is. I don't understand why they haven't done more studies on emphysema, plenty of people die from it. I guess I'm afraid of the death, as I've heard it isn't pretty. But I try not to think about it. I did this to myself by smoking for nearly 40 years, but I did quit the very day I was diagnosed, with the help of e-cigarettes. Don't start smoking, young people and if you have, stop!