Heat Exhaustion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your heat exhaustion?

Please select the black square:

What are the symptoms of heat exhaustion?

Individuals with heat exhaustion tend to have symptoms such as

• profuse sweating,
  • weakness,
  • muscle cramps,
  • headache, and
  • nausea and vomiting.

As dehydration increases from the loss of body water, lightheadedness may occur and fainting (syncope) may occur especially, if the affected individual stands up quickly (due to orthostatic hypotension).). The person also may have a low grade fever.

Return to Heat Exhaustion

Comment from: Nick, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

On the first day of a 100 mile backpacking trip in Maine on the Appalachian Trail I had a severe case of heat exhaustion resulting in muscle cramping from head to toe. Had it not been for my friend's electrolyte tablets I may have been in real bad shape. Since that day in late August I haven't been right; chronic nausea, pinched nerve resulting in leg numbness and back pain, and high blood pressure. Several missed days of work also. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar chronic effects after heat exhaustion.

Comment from: Ans, 55-64 Male Published: July 21

I am 18 years old. A month and a half before I was getting ready to graduate my mama was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She's an alcoholic and her daily drinking was the cause of it. Her skin was yellow, the whites of her eyes were olive green, and she looked 9 months pregnant. She was given the expectation to live a month. She has 3 kids, me, a 12 year old, and a 6 year old. In a fight to live she stayed 5 days in the hospital in detox. She then went to rehabilitation for a month and a half. She got out 3 days before me graduation. She's now out and has been sober for a little over 3 months. When she reaches 6 months of sobriety she'll then be on a liver transplant list. Her skin, eye color, and belly has returned to normal. I'm lucky to have her. She's a living miracle at this point. The doctors are amazed at her health. We continue to hope for not only her health but her strength and sobriety because one more sip will kill her. This disease is curable. The patient must be willing to fight for their life!