Heat Exhaustion - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your heat exhaustion?

What are the symptoms of heat exhaustion?

Individuals with heat exhaustion tend to have symptoms such as

• profuse sweating,
  • weakness,
  • muscle cramps,
  • headache, and
  • nausea and vomiting.

As dehydration increases from the loss of body water, lightheadedness may occur and fainting (syncope) may occur especially, if the affected individual stands up quickly (due to orthostatic hypotension).). The person also may have a low grade fever.

Return to Heat Exhaustion

Comment from: summertwin, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

My pain is primarily in my mid to lower back, right side mostly. It feels like a pulled muscle when I twist or move wrong. I am super fatigued, nauseous but no vomiting, slight fever, chills, and random sharp pains in my back, but I caught this kidney infection early. I had one that hospitalized me, I waited too long before getting treated. That was about 23 years ago. I was so sick, never again will I wait! You only get one set of kidneys, so got to save them!

Comment from: Pat in Michigan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

The shingles started out with a sunburn-like feeling on the right side of my neck, and by that evening I had two blisters on the back of my neck. By the next morning I had a 2 inch patch, and by that evening two more patches. By the next morning another patch with a few blisters here and there. I'm now in the 4th day and getting some stabbing pains up the back of my skull.