Klinefelter Syndrome - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your Klinefelter syndrome?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of the XXY condition?

Not all males with the condition have the same symptoms or to the same degree. Symptoms depend on how many XXY cells a man has, how much testosterone is in his body, and his age when the condition is diagnosed. The XXY condition can affect three main areas of development 1) physical, 2) language, and 3) social.

Return to Klinefelter Syndrome

Comment from: Chriss-E, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 02

My son was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome about a year and a half ago. He is 11 and he has recently begun androgen replacement therapy. We are two months into it, and although he has always been very quick to anger, the last month has proved very difficult. He has been insulting to everyone and when he's been given consequences, he doesn't seem to care. Nothing seems to work and I am at my wits' end. I don't know if this is a natural side effect of the androgen therapy because he has now begun puberty. I would love insight into the side effects of the therapy and any tips on how to handle the situation.

Comment from: andromeda, 35-44 (Patient) Published: January 28

I was 10 when diagnosed with XXY Klinefelter syndrome. Now my problem was obvious to my doctor, I was more female than male having a full uterus and vagina plus fallopian tubes with sacs. Now on male side I have tiny testicles, normal size penis and dime size prostate to say. I am in my 40s now but with B cup breast and thin body (118 lb.) with curves, 22 inch waist plus 38 inch rear. My three doctors are still puzzled, I gave up trying to figure out what I am. But after graduating from medical school I now live a normal life.