Klinefelter Syndrome - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your Klinefelter syndrome?

Please select the black square:

What are the symptoms of the XXY condition?

Not all males with the condition have the same symptoms or to the same degree. Symptoms depend on how many XXY cells a man has, how much testosterone is in his body, and his age when the condition is diagnosed. The XXY condition can affect three main areas of development 1) physical, 2) language, and 3) social.

Return to Klinefelter Syndrome

Comment from: xxy ge, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

My diagnosis was confirmed at age 38 as Klinefelter syndrome and I have had a variety of testosterone replacement therapies and am now using a gel applied daily. As a youth I was tall and slim but with little stamina for intensive sport; cross country running would leave me cold. At age 8 I had had mumps which left me partially deaf and the delayed puberty was blamed on mumps too. Fortunately the syndrome did not affect my language abilities and I read, write and speak English, German and French and have an IQ above 135. At 67 I am morbidly obese, suffer sleep apnea, and elevated blood pressure, and all teeth gone, have diabetes 2, am about to learn how haywire my thyroid has gone and have indications of osteoporosis.

Comment from: frustrated, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I was diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome in 2004 and did not believe what they said and got 3 opinions to diagnosis that I had it and I am 50 years old now. I have lung scarring with no cures or no healing and cannot be reversed. They think it just activated 1 year ago, it is called bronchiectasis. I had a heart catheterization just recently and that was fine, thank goodness. I now have liver lesions and/or cysts and a pancreatic cyst that may be related to Klinefelter. Doctors think I have some kind of serious liver disease called hepatic outflow obstruction which is a blockage in the liver veins flowing of blood and they say the correction is surgery. I was on testosterone therapy but from it acquired breast nodules and that the therapy was stopped which did not bother me at all, the side effects from testosterone therapy are major with liver cancer being one of them. I never had problems in that area anyway. I think that you have to be your own patient advocate and if a doctor cannot figure it out you go to someone else.