Arrhythmia (Irregular Heartbeat) - Symptoms Experienced

For arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat), what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of arrhythmias?

An arrhythmia can be silent and not cause any symptoms. A doctor can detect an irregular heartbeat during a physical exam by taking your pulse or through an electrocardiogram (ECG).

When symptoms of an arrhythmia occur, they may include:

• Palpitations (a feeling of skipped heart beats, fluttering or "flip-flops," or feeling that your heart is "running away").
  • Pounding in your chest.
  • Dizziness or feeling light-headed.
  • Fainting.
  • Shortness of breath.
  • Chest discomfort.
  • Weakness or fatigue (feeling very tired).
Return to Arrhythmia

Comment from: mariah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

My heart palpitates fast at times. I have chest pain, pain at the back of the neck and high blood pressure. Even if I am resting it does occur, or suddenly when sitting and then standing up.

Comment from: Happyhearts123, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I'm only 21 and have had arrhythmia problems for the last two years. When I was in my teens, my blood pressure would always drop in the shower that I would have to sit down during my shower. During my first pregnancy, I was hospitalized with low potassium. My daughter was 6 months old when my problems got more aggressive. I would get a rapid heart racing, numb left arm and dizziness. I've been diagnosed with low resting blood pressure and I'm being investigated for faulty electricity in my heart or arrhythmia. Sudden death runs in my family as do other forms of arrhythmia. So I was educated from an early age to know my symptoms. I drink a crazy amount of water and will add salt to everything. I will lie down when I experience palpitations. It helps. However, never ignore your symptoms and you are never too young. It doesn't matter if you go to the doctor and it turns out to be nothing. That peace of mind is everything. It can be a silent killer. Getting tested is the best way of prevention.