Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Symptoms

What are the symptoms of your Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome?

Please select the black triangle:

What are the signs and symptoms of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome?

Individuals affected by Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome can experience palpitations, rapid heart rates, difficulty breathing, and lightheadedness as well as near loss of consciousness and complete loss of consciousness. For the most part, these symptoms occur all of a sudden and are not associated with warning signs. Usually, there are no dramatic triggers, however, caffeine, alcohol, and exercise can cause the heart to start racing.

Return to Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome

Comment from: Jani, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

My first SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) was in the summer of 2009. I was sitting quietly talking on the phone to a friend when I suddenly felt faint. I held on to the table to support myself. After a bit, I tried to stand but I was very dizzy. I felt tightness and pressure in the front of my neck that radiated up into my jaw and up to my cheekbones. An ambulance was called and when an SVT was diagnosed en route to the hospital, the paramedics called the emergency room doctor for permission to give me the drug adenosine to stop my heart for a few seconds. My heart rate slowed from 190 to 130. I was immediately put on a beta blocker. The cardiologist diagnosed Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. I started wearing a watch with a pulse monitor. It makes me feel secure when I feel my heart speeding up, to check my pulse rate. I avoid caffeine and stress. I have had three more SVTs when in stressful situations. The symptoms are the same each time. I have been considering an ablation.

Comment from: Ellla., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I would like to give hope to any one with MRSA. I was diagnosed two years ago of having MRSA in my buttock. The wound was the size of an orange and I was in terrible pain. To cut a long story short I was put anti-fungal capsules and strong antibiotics, for a course of three weeks. I had three three-weekly courses and bingo, it's all gone. Now a year later it's fine.