Testicular Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms and signs associated with testicular cancer in you or your partner?

How is testicular cancer detected? What are symptoms of testicular cancer?

Most testicular cancers are found by men themselves. Also, doctors generally examine the testicles during routine physical exams. Between regular checkups, if a man notices anything unusual about his testicles, he should talk with his doctor. Men should see a doctor if they notice any of the following symptoms:

• a painless lump or swelling in a testicle
  • pain or discomfort in a testicle or in the scrotum
  • any enlargement of a testicle or change in the way it feels
  • a feeling of heaviness in the scrotum
  • a dull ache in the lower abdomen, back, or groin
  • a sudden collection of fluid in the scrotum

These symptoms can be caused by cancer or by other conditions. It is important to see a doctor to determine the cause of any of these symptoms.

Return to Testicular Cancer

Comment from: mrclean, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 19

I had testicular cancer when I was 26. I had one testicle removed, and I went through chemo had surgery to remove all the dead lymph nodes from my stomach area. I went through chemo and both of my kidneys went bad, so I did dialysis for 6 years and ended up with a kidney transplant.