Testicular Cancer - Symptoms

What were the symptoms and signs associated with testicular cancer in you or your partner?

Please select the black square:

What are testicular cancer symptoms and signs?

Signs and symptoms of testicular cancer include swelling or discomfort in the scrotum.

These and other signs and symptoms may be caused by testicular cancer or by other conditions. Check with your doctor if you have any of the following:

• A painless lump or swelling in either testicle.
  • A change in how the testicle feels.
  • A dull ache in the lower abdomen or the groin.
  • A sudden build-up of fluid in the scrotum.
  • Pain or discomfort in a testicle or in the scrotum
Return to Testicular Cancer

Comment from: Wynbar, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I had testicular cancer in 1993 and 1999. First time there were no tumors in either testicle. I was told cancer cell had formed in testicle and travelled to abdomen forming tumor. The only symptom was severe stomach pain occasionally. Chemotherapy was successful but I developed tumor in testicle in 1999. Testicle was removed and I had more chemotherapy.

Comment from: Sunnygal, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 09

I got my flu shot at the end of November, and roughly two weeks later, an interpreter showed up with a very bad cold. That happened right around finals, and I became very sick a couple of days later. I think I got the flu, because it felt like a severe cold. I was sick off and on since then, and I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like everything I breathed was cold, dry air, and I was hugging the walls. I also had a fever off and on, and I had chest pain. I went to the emergency room that evening, and I got admitted to the hospital to rule out heart problems. Due to my age (60), the doctors wanted to make sure I did not have heart problems. My primary care doctor suspected I had pleurisy because my heart tests had been normal. While she was visiting me, I coughed up blood. I was in the hospital for two days. I did not get antibiotics, because she thinks it is a viral infection.