Swallowing - Cause

What was the cause of your swallowing problems?

What causes dysphagia?

As discussed previously, there are many causes of dysphagia. For convenience, causes of dysphagia can be classified into two groups;

1. oropharyngeal (meaning that the cause is a problem in the mouth or pharynx) and
  2. esophageal.

Causes also can be classified differently into several groups.

Return to Dysphagia

Comment from: KristyF, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I have swallowing problems. I have self-determined it is acid reflux caused by coffee drinking.

Comment from: Difficulty swallowin, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: October 01

My dad has difficulty swallowing and they say it is cancer. I'm having a hard time with it. I'm so sad for him, he's been through misery and I'm tired of seeing him suffer.