Cellulitis - Symptoms

The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?

Please select the white circle:

What are cellulitis symptoms and signs?

Cellulitis usually begins as a small area of tenderness, swelling, and redness that spreads to adjacent skin. As this red area begins to enlarge, the affected person may develop a fever, sometimes with chills and sweats, tenderness, and swollen lymph nodes ("swollen glands") near the area of infected skin.

Return to Cellulitis

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 17

My symptom of cellulitis was redness all the way down my leg.

Comment from: pbaczuk, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 17

With cellulitis I had pain in the foot followed by swelling, and the foot was red and purple. I could not even touch it let alone put weight on it. I had chills and fever.