Hot Flashes - Treatments

How do you manage your hot flashes?

Please select the white circle:

What is the treatment for hot flashes?

There are a variety of treatments for hot flashes such as:

• hormone therapy,
  • bioidentical hormone therapy,
  • other drug treatments,
  • complementary and alternative treatments,
  • phytoestrogens,
  • black cohosh, and
  • alternative therapies.

Some of these have not been tested by clinical studies, nor are they approved by the FDA.

Return to Hot Flashes

Comment from: healthwize, Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I had hot flashes but once I started taking evening primrose 1300 mg they stopped and have not returned. I don't even take the evening primrose regularly anymore.

Comment from: Beth, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was suffering from really bad pains in my hands, feet, wrists, and shoulders especially first thing in the morning. Sometimes the pain would last throughout the day with very little relief. I had read a lot about the treatments for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and decided that I wanted to see if I could manage my symptoms through diet. I found that a dairy and gluten free diet has worked for me and my symptoms have gone. If I do cheat on the diet, I can feel the effects so I know what's triggering the pains. I found this has really worked for me. It's tough at the start, but persevere, I think it's worth it.