Broken Toe - Treatments

What was the treatment for your broken toe?

What is the treatment for a broken toe?

A broken toe can be cared for at home by decreasing the pain and swelling using rest, ice, and elevation; allowing the fracture to heal properly. In certain situations, a broken toe may need medical care such as maneuvering the toe back into place (reduction), casting, or splinting the toe.

Return to Broken Toe

Comment from: MoriKen, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 01

I used the buddy taping method after I cracked my toe back straight. I used one of those massive super sticky cloth Band-Aids. It holds it nice and straight but it doesn't help with any of the swelling and it hurts a great deal.

Comment from: Mwalsh, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I broke my big toe when I was about 10. I had 50 pounds of junk drawer fall on it. Really it was a tool drawer. Nothing I could do about it. I let it heal since it wasn't crooked but my toe was black and blue for a couple weeks. Now it won't bend all the way except with help or extreme strain. Lucky me, I also broke my pinky toe on the same foot yesterday. It is grey and blackish blue. With a big red blood dot in the middle where it got hit the worst. It swelled up right away so I have been icing it and buddy wrapped it with its neighboring toe. Just keeping it elevated and hoping I don't walk funny now.