Peripheral Neuropathy - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your peripheral neuropathy?

What are the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy?

The symptoms of peripheral neuropathy somewhat depend on the cause. Typically, peripheral neuropathy affects the nerves of sensation. As a result, patients affected by peripheral neuropathy develop pain, burning, or tingling in the distribution of the affected nerves. Most commonly this is in the feet and/or hands. This can cause tingling, numbness, and/or burning in the toes or fingers.

When shingles causes peripheral neuropathy, the particular nerve affected causes a very localized burning and itching sensation. This could be, for examples, in the side of the chest, the face, the buttock, etc.

Return to Peripheral Neuropathy

Comment from: Shar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I have had two atrial fibrillation attacks and on April 5 I'm having cardio ablation. I'm a little nervous about it but I think I'm in good hands and hope like crazy that it cuts down the number of palpitations that I get. It seems that I get many palpitations at night. Go figure, I'm not putting any stress on the heart of course but it really jumps around. By morning when I awake, I don't feel the palpitations. It all began with hyperthyroidism. I really want to get off the medicines (metoprolol and digoxin) that I'm on, I'll have to use the blood thinner forever. I'm female, 55.

Comment from: LAMB50, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I have been suffering with peripheral neuropathy for 4 years and the stabbing, tingling, throbbing, crawling sensations and intermittent numbness have been horrible, but I didn't want to take things like Lyrica with all the side effects. Anyway I went on to a website and it suggested alpha-lipoic acid, so I bought some that was GMP (good manufacturing practices) approved 300 mg at USD 14. It worked! Since the second day I have been 99 percent pain free. I rarely have a quick sensation and then it is over. I researched it thoroughly and it is natural and without side effects. I just want to share in case someone else can also get relief without hard drugs.