Allergies - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your allergies?

What are common allergic conditions and what are allergy symptoms and signs?

The parts of the body that are prone to allergic symptoms include the eyes, nose, lungs, skin, and gastrointestinal tract. Although the various allergic diseases may appear different, they all result from an exaggerated immune response to foreign substances in sensitive individuals. The following are brief descriptions of common allergic disorders.

Return to Allergy (Allergies)

Comment from: albertn, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 25

The symptom pattern with every attack of itching allergy is: Severe cold and fever for 2 - 3 hours (shaking) followed by a day of sore body (typical flu symptoms) followed by severe itching all over the body under the skin (no rashes) for a day, followed by burning sensation in my hand, palms, and feet soles and redness with red spots under the skin at night time. Heat and warm clothes aggravate the symptoms and cold water alleviates the severity temporarily. The first attacks started in winter July 2013. Doctors eventually found gallstone blockage and removed my gallbladder. All went well and then same symptoms started again in June 2014. Nothing so far has helped for the itching or the hand/feet burning. It is very severe and don't know what to do anymore.

Comment from: capodad, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 29

It started about 5 years ago and only maybe once a year. My allergy symptoms are on one side only one eye will start rapid tears and I have continual tearing and nasal drip, and nonstop sneezing. It's very strange how it only affects one side of my face. Symptoms last about 2 days usually, and then disappear for maybe a year. It seems very intense at the time and I have no other health issues. The first time was when I went up to the mountains. I live at the beach. It started again yesterday afternoon while I was working in a nearby town and continued this morning only upon awakening and rising. At first I thought I developed hay fever, but I'm beginning to think it's related to change in barometric pressure. It's very sporadic in nature; its late October now.