Brain Aneurysm - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your brain aneurysm?

What are the signs and symptoms of brain aneurysm?

The headache associated with a leaking aneurysm is severe. Blood is very irritating to the brain and causes significant pain. Patients may describe the "worst headache of their life," and the health care practitioner needs to have an appreciation that a brain aneurysm may be the potential cause of this type of pain. The headache may be associated with nausea, vomiting, and change in vision. A subarachnoid hemorrhage also causes pain and stiffness of the neck. However, the "worst headache of their life" complaint needs to be matched with physical findings to be considered a risk factor for a leaking aneurysm.

Return to Aneurysm (Brain)

Comment from: Betty Boop, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

I am a 63 year old female, I got shingles in July of this year and I am still fighting it. It started on my scalp as a burning pain, then on my forehead; blisters started on my scalp down onto my forehead. The pain was unbearable and there is swelling between my skin and the skull cap. It has not gone away yet, I have been on two antibiotics and almost lost the vision in my right eye. An eye specialist put me on Lotemax gel eye drops and it shaved my vision. However the swelling and some pain remain on my head. Still on Lotemax and gabapentin for the eye and nerve damage. I still having fevers from time to time as well.

Comment from: Tina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

I was noticing a lot of headaches and my eyes also would ache. I thought it was from the migraine headaches I was also getting. There was a time I lost my vision, for about 5 minutes. Then I started feeling nauseous all the time. The day I was taken to the hospital, I felt the most unbearable pain in my head and I knew it was brain aneurysm.