Brain Tumor - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of a brain tumor?

The symptoms of a brain tumor depend on tumor size, type, and location. Symptoms may be caused when a tumor presses on a nerve or harms a part of the brain. Also, they may be caused when a tumor blocks the fluid that flows through and around the brain, or when the brain swells because of the buildup of fluid.

These are the most common symptoms of brain tumors:

• Headaches (usually worse in the morning)
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Changes in speech, vision, or hearing
  • Problems balancing or walking
  • Changes in mood, personality, or ability to concentrate
  • Problems with memory
  • Muscle jerking or twitching (seizures or convulsions)
  • Numbness or tingling in the arms or legs

Most often, these symptoms are not due to a brain tumor. Another health problem could cause them. If you have any of these symptoms, you should tell your doctor so that problems can be diagnosed and treated.

Return to Brain Tumor

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

I had a brain tumor and on December 12, 2014 I had it removed. Since I came home from the hospital I have had bad problems with my blood pressure. I have had several visits back to the hospital, and I am now having to take physical therapy. I am having a lot of trouble with walking and I am lightheaded and weak most of the time. This has been going on for 5 months. The tumor was the size of a golf ball and I had swelling of the brain around it.

Comment from: silverjerry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 04

I had double knee replacement in December 2014. I began doing weird things leaving lights on and open doors. Then my left side went numb and I began falling down, I stayed outside in northern Wisconsin for a 1/2 hour in 18 degree temperature. It was time to go to the emergency room. The doctor said I had a stroke, did an MRI and said I have some bad news. (I was thinking worse than a stroke!) She informed me of the tennis ball sized tumor residing in the middle of my front brain, and I was off for emergency brain surgery. I then had radiation along with chemotherapy nightmare. Oh well, pushing myself as hard as I can gives me purpose. Peace and love to all.