Brain Tumor - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

What are the symptoms of a brain tumor?

The symptoms of a brain tumor depend on tumor size, type, and location. Symptoms may be caused when a tumor presses on a nerve or harms a part of the brain. Also, they may be caused when a tumor blocks the fluid that flows through and around the brain, or when the brain swells because of the buildup of fluid.

These are the most common symptoms of brain tumors:

• Headaches (usually worse in the morning)
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Changes in speech, vision, or hearing
  • Problems balancing or walking
  • Changes in mood, personality, or ability to concentrate
  • Problems with memory
  • Muscle jerking or twitching (seizures or convulsions)
  • Numbness or tingling in the arms or legs

Most often, these symptoms are not due to a brain tumor. Another health problem could cause them. If you have any of these symptoms, you should tell your doctor so that problems can be diagnosed and treated.

Return to Brain Tumor

Comment from: Ernie167, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I was diagnosed with a meningioma and a brain stem tumor in August 2013. They are benign but I have symptoms daily, mild headaches, dizziness and nausea. I was just put on medications yesterday. Let's see if they will control my symptoms.

Comment from: Brandy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I'm a 33 year old brain tumor survivor. I found out when I was 23 that I have a central neurocytoma. I had terrible migraines for over two years, loss of balance, nausea, floaters, temporary blindness and dizziness.

Stay Informed!