Rosacea - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?

Please select the white circle:

What are rosacea symptoms and signs?

Typical signs and symptoms of rosacea include facial flushing, blushing, redness, burning, red bumps, and small cysts. The symptoms tend to come and go. The skin may be clear for weeks, months, or years and then erupt again. Rosacea tends to evolve in stages and typically causes inflammation of the skin of the face, particularly the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.

When rosacea first develops, it may appear, then disappear, and then reappear. However, the skin may fail to return to its normal color and the enlarged blood vessels and pimples arrive in time. Rosacea may rarely reverse itself.

Rosacea generally lasts for years, and, if untreated, it tends to gradually worsen.

Return to Rosacea

Comment from: MarcSparks, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I was just reading about Rosacea on this site and thought I would share my excellent treatment clinic that I finally found in London, and what I have noticed that they seem to have state of the art equipment, not like some of the salons I have visited (in the UK everyone can own an IPL machine even your general grocer!!) I noticed this not only from my experience of seeing many other machines in my years of having treatments but doing my own research and that coupled with the fact that this is the first IPL equipment that hasn't resulted in my facial skin bruising after treatment does a much more thorough and strong blast of my red areas than was ever administered by any of the other 'mickey mouse' clinics I have visited in the past... as you can gauge I am really frustrated I had not found the clinic in London sooner! The other frustrating thing for me is that no matter how hard I try the flushing and superficial redness often returns in the weeks/month following my IPL treatments so it feels as though I am chasing my own tail, what the knowledgeable staff at The Pulse Light Clinic have done is provide all the support and understanding in order for me to start managing other triggers and a change in my lifestyle including stress, dietry & products I use on my skin. It is still early days yet but will keep you posted on here now, the great thing is after years it is only now and at this practicioner that I am given these tools and can see results! AMAZING!!! I seriously believe managing Rosacea/skin breakouts... redness or flushing is 50% yourself and 50% mechanical/IPL or what a clinic can offer so to anyone reading this you have to put in the leg work guys!!!

Comment from: Embarrassed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have recently developed Rosacea in the last 2-3 years. I am 47 years old and I am very embarrassed by it. Acne is one of my symptoms. I feel like I am 12. My adult children have looked at me and said Mom what is wrong with your face. I did see a dermatologist for the first time in my life. It seems it is trial and error and very expensive. I have an HSA and pay for it all. They will only prescribe for 3 months at a time so you have to keep paying office visits. Nothing is really working to clear it up. I was reading online one evening and read something about digestive enzymes. It triggered a thought in my head. I had my gallbladder out 3.5 years ago. Wow that was shortly before the rosacea started. My digestive system has certainly changed with having no Gallbladder now. I am going to seek the help of a Homeopath. I used to see a nature path who retired. My guess is it will be worth the money. Once again not covered by insurance.