Hip Bursitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?

Please select the black triangle:

What are hip bursitis symptoms?

Trochanteric bursitis frequently causes tenderness of the outer hip, making it difficult for patients to lie on the involved side, frequently causing difficult sleep. Trochanteric bursitis also causes a dull, burning pain on the outer hip that is often made worse with excessive walking or stair climbing. The ischial bursa is located in the upper buttock area. Ischial bursitis can cause dull pain in this area that is most noticeable when climbing uphill. The pain sometimes occurs after prolonged sitting on hard surfaces, hence the names "weaver's bottom" and "tailor's bottom."

Bursitis of the hip is the most common cause of hip pain.

Return to Hip Bursitis

Comment from: purple28, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have cellulitis on my leg which first started as a white spot that I thought was nothing. After two days it started hurting and the area around went red. I couldn't stand on that leg or I would get pains that felt like my skin was get stretched then it snaps. I thought it was going to go away by itself but it didn't and it started getting worse. One night I came home, the spot popped, watery pink blood came out and it wouldn't stop. So I went to my general physician and they gave me antibiotics, cleaned it and put a plaster on it every 3 days. I don't get pains any more but it hasn't healed yet. I've been going to doctors since the middle of September and I still go to get it plastered. The last time I saw my leg with the cellulitis spot it was healed but it was still pink round it.

Comment from: R56p5b, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

After having this photodynamic therapy 3 times for Bowen's disease, I can't stand the pain any more. Even after nerve block etc., it makes no difference. I think it is bad that they play it down and don't tell patients how it really is, especially on fingers and sensitive parts.