Cervical Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with cervical cancer?

Please select the white circle:

Symptoms

Early cervical cancers usually don't cause symptoms. When the cancer grows larger, women may notice abnormal vaginal bleeding:

• Bleeding that occurs between regular menstrual periods
  • Bleeding after sexual intercourse, douching, or a pelvic exam
  • Menstrual periods that last longer and are heavier than before
  • Bleeding after going through menopause

Women may also notice...

• Increased vaginal discharge
  • Pelvic pain
  • Pain during sex

Cervical cancer, infections, or other health problems may cause these symptoms. A woman with any of these symptoms should tell her doctor so that problems can be diagnosed and treated as early as possible.

Return to Cervical Cancer

Comment from: mommaof2, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I am 21 years old with 2 beautiful children I had went in to my GYN to get my annual pap smear and he happened to mention that after I had my 2nd child almost 3 years ago they found a high strand of HPV. Well I did not know this cause they did not call me so I am freaking out. Well I did my pap and it came back that I had cin 2 so I just had my colposcopy and biopsy done a couple days ago and I am scared that it may be worse than that the doctor said it looked pretty severe so he went inside my cervical canal and scraped cells of as well for testing. I am scared that I might I have full blown cancer. I have a lot of back pain. I have heavy bleeding during my period, and I have pain during sex so I don't know I am just scared! If anybody knows more about this please let me know!

Comment from: julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

My cycle stopped for a year or more I thought it was just menopause. Then it started back up. Afterwards, I leaked a foul smelling brown discharge which I thought was just old blood. It just keeps getting worse and I go through a bag of pads every three days. I finally went in for a pap smear and the results showed high levels of abnormal cells. I also bled alot during the pap smear. I was sent to a doctor for a colposcopy which revealed a large yellow tumor. The biopsy came out cancer. I now have lower back pain, knee pain, lethargy, and have lost over 20 pounds in a very short period of time. Still waiting on a catscan...

Stay Informed!