Cervical Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with cervical cancer?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms and signs of cervical cancer?

Cervical cancer may not produce any symptoms or signs. In particular, early stage cervical cancers, like precancerous changes, typically do not produce symptoms. Symptoms may develop when the cervical cancer cells start to invade surrounding tissues.

Symptoms and signs of cervical cancer include:

• Abnormal vaginal bleeding
  • Vaginal bleeding after menopause
  • Vaginal bleeding after sex
  • Bleeding or spotting between periods
  • Longer or heavier menstrual periods than usual
  • Other abnormal vaginal discharge
  • Pain during sexual intercourse

It is important to note that these symptoms are not specific for cervical cancer and can be caused by a variety of conditions.

Return to Cervical Cancer

Comment from: ASN16, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

I am 69, and I was just diagnosed with cervical cancer. I was spotting and having pain around left hip area shooting down into my leg. I'm not sure how advanced it is at this time, but I do know that surgery will be involved. I have been referred to a specialist. The irony of this is that I asked my doctor 18 months ago for a Pap smear because I was suspicious. Her reply was that women over 65 do not need a pap smear. My sister passed away at 52 from ovarian cancer. I should have known better, and I should have insisted on one. Ladies keep getting those Pap smears no matter what age you are.

Comment from: T. Rene, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I am 53, 1.5 years post-menopausal. I have never had any spotting since my last period whatsoever. I've had fairly extreme fatigue for the past year, lower back and hip pain. I have very little appetite, and fill up very easily. I have been to the doctors and they always tell me all is ok. Two days ago, I started some (mild) vaginal bleeding and rectal bleeding. I am very sure it is both. I do have appointments with both my primary and my obstetrician/gynecologist. Obviously, I am worried about cancer.