Thyroid Cancer - Treatments

What was the treatment for your thyroid cancer?

What is the treatment for thyroid cancer?

Thyroid cancer is treated with a variety of therapies depending on the type and extent of cancer and the health of the patient.

Return to Thyroid Cancer

Comment from: judy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I am 42 and I was diagnosed last July with thyroid cancer. Going to the veterans hospital removed a whole thyroid in October. I went through radiation started on the hormone therapy in December. They found more cancer in the lymph nodes and I had a second surgery the first of March. They did the Iodine test found more cancer cells. Waiting on a pet scan to see what's next. My doctor told me at the beginning that it would be a long process still waiting. It could be so long because I have to go through the VA hospital.

Comment from: Ps, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I'm 29. A few months ago I was gaining some weight and always feeling lazy and tired so I went to my doc, she asked me for T3, T4 and TSH blood test. The results weren't good so she asked for an ultrasound and that's where they saw a 1 cm nodule. I had to do a biopsy and results came out as suspicious of having papillary thyroid carcinoma, so the doctor advised me to remove all the gland so I had surgery. After they did biopsy on the gland results were positive, now I have to take the radioactive iodine to clean the whole area.