Endometriosis - Treatments

Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?

How is endometriosis treated?

Endometriosis can be treated with medications and/or surgery. The goals of endometriosis treatment may include pain relief and/or enhancement of fertility.

Return to Endometriosis

Comment from: Ms. Hopeful, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

I am 45 and have wanted to conceive, but have not been able to get pregnant yet. I know my husband is disappointed and this has hurt my marriage some. Anyway, I have dealt with irregular and heavy bleeding for years. I had surgery in 2010 for endometriosis, and it got better. However, now I am having tremendous pain during the first 3 days of my cycle. No medication seems to help, just puts me to sleep. I still want a child, but not sure if possible at my age. I am considering a fertility specialist. If that does not work, I believe I will have the hysterectomy because the pain is awful and I don't want that the rest of my life.

Comment from: Annie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I have had collagenous colitis for 5 months. I am now suffering every day and taking at least 8 Imodium per day and breaking right through them. I was prescribed and was taking 3 Entocort tablets at one time, along with 2 Lomotil every 6 hours and still breaking through. I have absolutely no life because there is absolutely no warning. My doctor tells me it has nothing to do with what you eat. I now am being sent to a specialist and can't get in until November. I can't continue to live like this. I eat normally as my doctor says that this has nothing to do with what you eat. I am at my wits end.