Endometriosis - Treatments

Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?

How is endometriosis treated?

Endometriosis can be treated with medications and/or surgery. The goals of endometriosis treatment may include pain relief and/or enhancement of fertility.

Return to Endometriosis

Comment from: Sweetee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I am 33 years old. Three years ago, after suffering with painful periods for more than 16 years, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and fibroids. My doctor said if I wanted children, I should have them sooner rather than later--which was a worry since there wasn't anyone special in my life. This is such a painful disease and it's been so hard to diagnose. Although I have tried to live with this, I am fed up with having a hot water bottle constantly strapped to me and taking strong painkillers that don't seem to work. I've gotten to the point where I must consider surgical treatment for this condition since I can no longer take the pain. Yet I'm devastated if it prevented me from having children. I sympathize with other women who have this condition and advise anyone who is unsure to listen to her body. It's taken me so many visits to the doctor, but hopefully surgery will be the end of this painful road.

Comment from: sweety, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2010 and had it removed. Everything seemed okay until 2012, I started having severe period pain during and after period. I was also having sharp pain on my lower right abdomen, lower back and cramp on my upper right leg. I was sent to gynecologist who told me it is endometriosis. It's now been three weeks since I had it taken out but I still experience severe abdominal pains, pain in pelvis and cramps in the right leg. Sometimes it's so bad I can't sit or lie down. My general physician keeps saying I should give it 4 weeks. The problems is pain killers are not helping.