Acne (Pimples) - Treatments

At what age did you first start getting pimples? How did (do) you treat breakouts?

When should you start acne treatment?

Since everyone gets acne at some time, the right time to treat it is when it bothers you or when the potential for scarring develops. This can be when severe acne flares suddenly, for mild acne that just won't go away, or even when a single pimple decides to show up the week before your prom or wedding. The decision is yours.

Return to Acne (Pimples)

Comment from: warpedw, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I have had acne of one form or another on my face, back and/or the back of my upper arms since I was 14. I used Proactiv for some time in my 30s and 40s, successfully. Then, when put on antidepressants, my skin began to break out, mostly along my upper back and jawbone. I eventually stopped using Proactiv and have moderate to slight problems even today.

Comment from: Ella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had started getting pimples at the age of 21 and I have tried everything to cure it. I am really tired of getting these pimples on my face. I don't know how to deal with these acne and acne scars! Recently I got to know that Solvaderm skin care brand has innovative skin care treatment and have scientifically tested products. Now, I am frustrated of trying home remedies! So, I am thinking of buying a few of the products from Solvaderm.