(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

Are there any symptoms associated with elevated blood creatinine levels?

The symptoms of kidney dysfunction (renal insufficiency) vary widely.

• Some people may have an incidental finding of severe kidney disease and elevated creatinine on routine blood work without having any symptoms.
  • In others, depending on the cause of the problem, different symptoms of kidney failure may be present including:
    • feeling dehydrated,
    • fatigue,
    • swelling (edema),
    • shortness of breath,
    • confusion, or
    • many other nonspecific symptoms (for example, nausea, vomiting, neuropathy, and dry skin).
Return to Creatinine Blood Test

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

With elevated blood creatinine levels, I have nausea, vomiting, dizziness, muscle spasms, sweating, chest pain, weakness, fatigue, itchy skin, loss of appetite, and swelling.

Comment from: SJKarlin, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I have been carrying higher than normal creatinine blood levels for years. My latest was 179. I have no symptoms and no diabetes. My PSA runs unusually high, often in double digits and once verified 3 times at 99. I have no prostate issues either. I am going on the probability that for me, the creatinine level for me just runs high. Best of luck to all!

Comment from: esscube, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 27

My creatinine level is 7.6 and I am on dialysis, but feel no symptoms before or after treatment. Also I have no other symptoms other than feeling tired sometimes. I am 82 years old.