(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

Can a man get a yeast infection from his sexual partner?

Most experts do not consider yeast infection to be a sexually-transmitted disease, but cases of irritation and itching of the penis in men have been reported after sexual contact with a woman with a yeast infection, so it is possible for an infected woman to spread the infection to her male sex partner. Treatment of male sexual partners is not considered necessary unless the man develops symptoms.

Return to Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)

Comment from: ., 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I am a victim of yeast infection, my girlfriend infected me when she travelled to Mombasa and came with the infection.

Comment from: Men Yeast Infection, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

Coconut oil is the best treatment for the yeast infection. It make your yeast infection vanish immediately. Pour some oil on the private area and massage gently and then pour some more oil and you will be able to take the yeast away from your private area without pain.

Comment from: fuzzy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

My wife suffers from yeast infections a lot. She also wares a panty liner all the time. I got a yeast infection on my shaft of my penis and a couple times in the skin folds between my thighs and scrotum area. Three times I needed to get prescription cream to cure it. A couple times when caught soon enough regular athletes foot cream has worked.