Kidney Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with kidney pain.

What are the kidneys?

The kidneys are two organs whose major functions are to remove waste products and excess fluid from the body and produce hormones that regulate blood pressure, red blood cell production, acid regulation and influence calcium, and electrolyte metabolism.

Return to Kidney Pain

Comment from: FBW, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I recently experienced passing kidney stones, and a raging bladder infection with blood in my urine. I have been taking alendronate for osteoporosis for many years and was wondering if this medication could have aggravated this situation.

Comment from: Steve, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 12

I'm in kidney failure with 40 percent function. I started having dull and persistent kidney pain about 8 months ago. The pain has worsened of late and is even disrupting my sleep. Doctor doesn't seem overly bothered by this. I on the other hand feel this is portent of further kidney damage.