Pseudogout - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms of your pseudogout?

Please select the black square:

What are pseudogout symptoms and signs?

Pseudogout can result in arthritis of a number of joints. Most common is the knee, but it can also involve the wrists, shoulders, hips, and/or ankles. Pseudogout usually affects only one or a few joints at a time. The "attacks" of joint inflammation, characterized by acute joint swelling, warmth, stiffness, and pain, may last for days to weeks and can resolve spontaneously.

Return to Pseudogout

Comment from: Boss, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 12

I have had pseudogout for six years. The second toe on my right foot looks like it is growing extra toes. It can be very tender and I often wear only sandals on my feet. It doesn't take kindly to being bumped or confined in shoes.

Comment from: Weewoka, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 20

The pseudogout I've seen can also be in your knee joints which can cause swelling all around the knee. It hurts to move, walk or even to sit if joints swell up enough! I have it and it's miserable. I'm an active 55 year old and it got me down where I was in bed going on 4 days assuming it was a Baker's cyst. Nope, it wasn't a Baker's cyst! I hate taking medicines so the doctor gave me a low dose of prednisone for 12 days.