Liver - Type of Disease and Treatments

Please share the type of liver disease you have, and any treatments or lifestyle changes you have made that have been effective for liver disease.

Please select the white circle:

What diseases affect the liver?

Many diseases may affect the liver directly or as a consequence of an illness or disease that begins in another organ.

Return to Liver (Anatomy and Function)

Comment from: nanny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Diagnosed with colon cancer in 2012, I had a bowel resection then, colon cancer stage was 4, with 6 out of 12 lymph nodes metastatic. In July of 2013, there was metastasis to liver and I had liver resection with 1/3 of right lobe removed. Oh yes, following my bowel surgery the doctor tried 5 different chemotherapy treatments, all of which made me deathly ill, so he stopped them. It gave me neuropathy of hands and feet, which seems to worsen with time. I did well till 2014 after recovering from that horrible liver surgery, but now there is a metastatic area along the left ridge of my liver. I have declined chemotherapy or surgery. My plan of action is a drastic change in my diet, which I should have done long ago, no sugar or very, very small amount, no red meat, mostly fresh or dried fruit, and fresh green vegetables, occasionally other vegetables, steel-cut oatmeal and occasional carb. Doctor started me on dexamethasone 4 mg once a day for 10 days. I will see him in 2 weeks to evaluate.