e-Cigarettes - Smoking Cessation

Have using e-cigarettes helped you to quit smoking?

Please select the black square:

Do e-cigarettes help with smoking cessation?

Although e-cigarettes have been touted as a way for tobacco smokers to kick their cigarette habit, e-cigarettes in one study were only about as effective as nicotine patches.

Return to e-Cigarettes

Comment from: valwyn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I switched to e-cigarettes 2 years ago. I haven"t had a real cigarette since. In addition, I now can"t stand the smell of tobacco smoke in the air or on people and their clothes. I can"t believe I used to smell that way and never noticed. They definitely are addictive, but overall I feel and look better. My doctor says my lungs sound great. I have cut my nicotine intake by a third since starting them and eventually hope to get to half and then zero nicotine e-cigarettes. I, for one, will never go back to real cigarettes and for this I am very grateful for the electronic version.

Comment from: TJB, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

My son gave me a vaporizer for Christmas and I haven"t smoked a cigarette since. They worked when nothing else would. I have tried the patches, gum, Chantix, Wellbutrin, counseling, and support groups. But nothing worked till now.